- Mobility Products
- ATV Products
- Motorcycle Products
- UTV Accessories
- Golf Cart Accessories
- Truck Accessories
- Car Accessories
- Hitch Mounted Products
- Aluminum Walk Ramp
- Tie Down Products
- Lawn & Garden Products
- Car Trailer Ramps
- Pet Products
- Storage Covers
- Marine Products
- Skateboard Ramps
- Hunting Products
- Snowmobile Accessories
- Clearance Products
- Discontinued Products
The SC500-V3 deluxe wheelchair and scooter carrier has all the premium features offered at a super low introductory affordable price! The main features of this mobility carrier are the folding design and extra long 59" loading ramp allowing this carrier to be used on just about any vehicle with a 2" trailer hitch. With the pull of a hitch pin your carrier can be folded up vertically to the back of your vehicle to save space when parking in car ports, garages, or parking lots! The wheelchair and scooter carrier is constructed of steel, has a thick black powder coat to protect from the elements, and has a massive 500 lb weight capacity! The surface of the carrier is a heavy duty steel mesh with 1" square support tubes underneath which won't bend or flex from the weight of your scooter or wheelchair. The mobility carrier has everything you need for loading and hauling your expensive mobility device.
The wheelchair and scooter carrier features an integrated two section ramp which folds up and out into three different positions. The first position keeps the ramp folded flat to the carrier surface and held down with a spring pull pin. The folded flat position is to keep the ramp self stored and secured when the carrier is folded up. The second ramp position allows the ramp to stand up straight when a mobility device is on the carrier and is held in place with two spring pins. The last position is the ramp unfolded. This position allows for scooters or power wheelchairs to be pushed or driven up the ramp. Please Note: Mobility devices are not to be occupied when loading, unloading, or on the carrier! The ramp is 27-1/2" wide by 59" long providing a gradual slope for easy loading of your mobility device. A welded handle featured on the ramp allows for easy folding and unfolding. Tie down straps are available in cam or ratchet styles with rubber coated hooks which can be hooked onto any of the 10 tie down holes featured on the 4-1/4" tall tray sides. The tray sides feature five carrying handles for easy handling when installing the device. The rear of the carrier has two reflectors for greater visibility at night. The carrier's usable dimensions are 46-1/2" long by 28" wide, accommodating almost all of today's mobility devices.
In addition to the cam and ratchet straps, retractable straps are also available. These are the easiest straps to use with the SC500-V3 carrier. By removing the extension on the retractable strap they can be mounted directly to the 4 mounting points on the carrier allowing you to quickly strap down your power wheelchair or scooter. These straps can remain on your carrier at all times so they are always handy.
Supporting the carrier is the heavy duty 2" hitch tube which features 2 bolts and a safety pin underneath to allow the hitch tube to be removed from the carrier. Two bolts fitted underneath the folding hitch tube allow you to level the carrier so that the pin holes line up to secure the carrier in the unfolded position. The distance between the hitch pin hole and the carrier is 13-1/2" unfolded and when the carrier is folded the distance is 4-5/8". This carrier is not recommended for 1-1/4" hitches. Also available is a heavy duty anti-tilt locking device which prevents carrier wobble during transportation. The hitch tube has a 5/8" hitch pin hole for the included hitch pin and 1/2" hole for the pinch bolt (if anti tilt can not be used) for securing the carrier to your vehicle and will work on Class III or IV hitches. Includes a 1 year warranty!
NOT recommended for any tow-behind trailers including 5th wheel trailers and camping trailers due to excessive bouncing of the vehicle's suspension
The Swing Away option allows for increased access to the rear of a vehicle. With the wheelchair carrier unloaded, simply swing the entire unit away, to the side. The hitch adapter configuration also enables up to a 7" rise (4" with the hitch adapter & 3" with the carrier adapter) designed for low-to-ground vehicle hitch tubes.
Please note the carrier must be unloaded for proper Swing Away operation.
- Accommodates most power wheelchairs and scooters
- Self storing loading ramp saves time when loading and unloading
- Spring pull pins keep the ramp secure when in the folded and vertical position
- Carrier folding design saves space
- Thick black powder coat protects from the elements
- Heavy duty 500 lb weight capacity
- Only weighs 86 lbs
- Steel expanded mesh surface with raised 4-1/4" side rails
- 10 tie down points (tie-down straps not included)
- 5 carrying handles
- Includes a anti-tilt locking device to prevent carrier wobble
- For use with 2" Class III or IV trailer hitches
- Not for use with 1-1/4" hitches
- Includes 5/8" hitch pin and 1/2" pinch bolt
- "Swing Away" option available for increased access to the rear of your vehicle
- 1 year warranty
- Some assembly required
- View Instructions
- Carrier Carrying Capacity: The SC500-V3 carrier is designed to safely carry 500 lbs
- Hitch Weight Limit: Most Class III hitches are rated for 500 lbs - Most Class IV hitches are rated for 1000 lbs
- Vehicle Hauling Capacity: Your hauling weight may be limited by your vehicle's capacity to carry a load
- Will not work with any 1-1/4" Class II or smaller receivers
- Some vehicles may require air shocks or heavier springs to stiffen up the suspension to prevent sagging
- Please check with your dealer to find out if your vehicle's carrying capacity
- NOT recommended for tow-behind trailers including 5th wheel trailers and camping trailers
- NOT recommended for use with hitch adapters / extensions
- Maximum scooter or wheelchair width is 26-1/2" wide
- Weight Capacity: 500 lbs.
- Useable Size: 46-1/2" long x 28" wide
- Tray Depth: 4-1/4"
- Ramp Dimensions: 59" long x 27-1/2" wide (26-1/2" usable width)
- Carrier Weight: 86 lbs.
- Ramp Weight: 31 lbs
- Trailer Hitch:Works With Both Class II or Class III (How Can I Tell?)
- Center of Hitch Pin Hole to Carrier (5/8")*: 4-5/8" folded - 13-1/2" unfolded
- Center of Hitch Pin Hole to Back of Carrier (5/8")*: 13-3/8" folded - 43-1/8" unfolded
- Carrier Warranty: 1 Year
- Hitch Height: 11" - 18"
- (Less than 11" trailer hitches can purchase SC-SWING-AWAY - raises carrier 3" or 7" higher)
- *For 1/2" pinch bolt hole, subtract 1"