- Mobility Products
- ATV Products
- Motorcycle Products
- UTV Accessories
- Golf Cart Accessories
- Truck Accessories
- Car Accessories
- Hitch Mounted Products
- Aluminum Walk Ramp
- Tie Down Products
- Lawn & Garden Products
- Car Trailer Ramps
- Pet Products
- Storage Covers
- Marine Products
- Skateboard Ramps
- Hunting Products
- Snowmobile Accessories
- Clearance Products
- Discontinued Products
Transporting expensive mobility devices is quick, simple, safe, and affordable with the SC400 scooter/wheelchair rack! Similar to the SC500-V3, the SC400 is designed to fit into 2" trailer hitch receivers for transporting mobility devices without the need for loading scooters or wheelchairs into vehicles or onto trailers. The rack features an attached 42" long loading ramp that can be folded flat on the carrier when not in use and folded vertically when transporting your scooter or wheelchair. When folded flat, the ramp is secured with a quick release pull pin, and when folded vertically, the ramp is secured with (2) quick release pull pins. Folding the ramp is made easy with a small attached handle for convenient tailgate or hatch access. The carrier surface features a powder coated steel mesh that allows dirt and debris to fall through. The rack surface is 46-1/2" long x 28" wide, providing enough space for most of today's mobility devices. The side rails are 3-1/8" high and feature 11 different tie down points for securing the power wheelchair or scooter to the rack.
Underneath the mesh surface is powder coated steel tube framing and a heavy duty steel hitch tube that gives the SC400 the ability to hold up to 400 lbs and fold up vertically when not in use! With just the pull of a pin, the unique folding hitch tube allows the user to raise the rack vertically to save space when in a garage, parking lot, or anywhere when not transporting mobility devices. The hitch tube is constructed of steel with a thick black powder coating and is secured to the carrier via four bolts and an included safety pin. A bolt fitted underneath the folding hitch tube allows you to level the carrier so that the pin holes line up to secure the carrier in the unfolded position. Two hitch pin holes at one end allow for use on trailer hitches with a 1/2" or 5/8" hitch pin hole. Included with the carrier is a anti-tilt locking device which slides onto the hitch tube to eliminate the rack from wobbling. View the images below for more illustrated details!
Swing Away Option
The Swing Away option allows for increased access to the rear of a vehicle. With the wheelchair carrier unloaded, simply swing the entire unit away, to the side. The hitch adapter configuration also enables up to a 7" rise (4" with the hitch adapter and 3" with the carrier adapter) designed for low-to-ground vehicle hitch tubes. The Swing Away option also provides clearance for a spare tire with a distance from the hitch pin hole to carrier of 8-1/2" with the carrier folded upright and 17-1/2" when the carrier is unfolded. Please note the carrier must be unloaded for proper Swing Away operation.
- Universal design can be used with most power wheelchairs and scooters
- Integrated solid ramp for quick loading and unloading
- Quick action spring pull pins secure the ramp for transport in the folded flat or vertical positions
- Carrier can be folded up flat vertically against the rear of the vehicle saving space when not in use
- Tough black powder coating protects against dust, dirt, & debris from the road
- Tested 400 lb weight capacity
- Rack weighs only 65 lbs
- Steel expanded mesh surface with raised 3-1/8" side rails
- 11 total tie down points (tie-down straps not included)
- Quick and easy 5 bolt assembly
- Includes a anti-tilt locking device to prevent the rack from wobbling
- 2 small rear reflectors included for added visibility when using at night
- For use with 2" Class III or IV trailer hitches
- Not for use with 1 1/4" hitches
- "Swing Away" option available for increased access to the rear of your vehicle
- 1 year warranty
SC400-V2 Product Limitations
- Carrier Carrying Capacity: The SC400 carrier is designed to safely carry 400 lbs
- Hitch Weigh Limit: Most Class III hitches are rated for 500 lbs - Most Class IV hitches are rated for 1000 lbs
- Vehicle Hauling Capacity: Your hauling weight may be limited by your vehicle's capacity to carry a load
- Will not work with Class II or smaller receivers
- Some vehicles may require air shocks or heavier springs to stiffen up the suspension to prevent sagging
- Please check with your dealer to find out if your vehicle's carrying capacity
- NOT recommended for tow-behind trailers including 5th wheel trailers and camping trailers
- NOT recommended for use with hitch adapters/extensions
- Maximum scooter or wheelchair width is 27" wide
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
- Usable Dimensions:46.5" long x 28" wide
- Tray Depth:3-1/8"
- Wheelchair/Scooter Carrier Weight: 65 lbs.
- Ramp Weight: 14 lbs
- Hitch Class :III or IV (How Can I Tell?)
- Center of Hitch Pin Hole to Carrier (5/8")*: 7" folded - 14-3/4" unfolded
- Center of Hitch Pin Hole to Back of Carrier (5/8")*: 14-1/2" folded - 44-7/8" unfolded
- Carrier Warranty: 1 Year
Max Hitch Height: 11" - 14"
(Less than 11" trailer hitches can purchase SC-SWING-AWAY - raises carrier 3" or 7" higher)
*For 1/2" pinch bolt hole, subtract 1"